Risks and Rewards of Decommissioning Your Nuclear Facility
- Who should be involved early in the planning process?
- What type of contractual arrangement is being considered for the decommissioning work?
- Do plans adequately address all known site conditions and their potential consequences?
- Does the plan include appropriate contingencies for unintended consequential hazards?
- Who will check schedule progress and costs?
- Who will monitor project health, safety, and environmental performance?
- Are the decommissioning trust funds adequate for the decommissioning plan schedule and cost estimate?
- What periodic communications and reports will be required?
Our Expertise Conducting Independent, Objective Reviews
Our Independent Review & Oversight Experience Include:
- Advance Project Planning & Decommissioning Orientation
- Earned Value Management
- Future Site Reuse Review
- NQA-1 Reviews
- Packaging, Shipping, & Transportation of Radioactive & Hazardous Material
- Regulatory Compliance
- Site Characterization Review & Planning
- Spent Fuel Storage & ISFSI Security
- Stakeholder Engagement & Education
- Scheduling & Cost Performance Using Interactive CAD & Scheduling Software Tools
- Technical Assistance
- Transitioning Quality Systems: 10 CFR Part 50 to Part 72
- Operations in a 10 CFR Part 72 Environment